Whole New Path (To A Whole New Me?)

What significant moment in life made you start getting healthy? This was the question.

"My realization was two fold:1) Realizing how much fear I have in doing certain things because of my weight. I hold my breath everytime I fly that I can fit in the seat and feel ashamed of carrying my own extension belt and ashamed I barely fit. I don't go to anything like an amusement park or a cruise cause I know I won't fit in the seats or too big to do any excursions.

Number 2) was the ultimate nail. My friends are all married and having children (I am 32) and I realize that I am getting older and no closer to having that dream. I am waisting my life away by always saying tomorrow I will lose weight, tomorrow I will get out more, tomorrow.... The tomorrows keep coming, and I don't change my ways, I just grow a day older. I also grow closer and closer to someday having health problems. I am lucky so far, but that can continue only for so long.

So I am on day three and it is going to get tough, but I keep trying to remember why it is worth eating healthier and exercising. I have a LONG way to go (150-200 pounds to lose). I have a lot of life to live and I have got to stop living everday for tomorrow. I have done it before, and yes everytime I have failed and gone in reverse of where I am wanting to go, but I will do that no more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment